‘I’m a romantic at heart’ ...says actor Prateik, as he gives us a glimpse of his mushy side; admits he doesn’t mind dancing around trees

‘I’m a romantic at heart’
...says actor Prateik, as he gives us a glimpse of his mushy side; admits he doesn’t mind dancing around trees


They are pretty much an item now — whether it’s an event, a party, or a film screening, actor Prateik and co-star Amy Jackson are spotted, arm-in-arm, almost everywhere. The duo met on the sets of their last release, Ekk Deewana Tha, and has been inseparable since. Ask the actor about his take on love and he gushes about all things romantic. It sure does seem like he’s come a long way from being the brooding, lonely guy in Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na to his latest romantic image. His hatke role playing won him critical acclaim too. But that doesn’t mean Prateik can’t dance and sing around trees! So is he comfortable playing the romantic hero? “I make sure I make myself comfortable when I’m excited about a script, even if I’m not comfortable doing things in it. But I like everything about romance... I’m quite a romantic at heart,” gushes Prateik. The actor was most excited when he learnt that maestro AR Rahman was composing the music for his film. “Rahman sir’s music adds to the romance,” he quips.
The love-struck actor may be embracing romantic scripts with open arms, but surprisingly he doesn’t read romantic fiction. In fact, he doesn’t read at all, he confesses. Ask him to name one super-romantic Bollywood film that he absolutely loves and pat comes his reply: “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge!” And like a love guru, Prateik delivers his message for the youth: “Stay in love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment