‘There’s a life beyond the camera!’ ...Says actor Kareena Kapoor, who also reveals that she and beau, actor Saif Ali Khan are yet to decide on the wedding date

‘There’s a life beyond the camera!’
...Says actor Kareena Kapoor, who also reveals that she and beau, actor Saif Ali Khan are yet to decide on the wedding date



Keen to keep their personal life away from their professional outings, actor Kareena Kapoor and beau, actor Saif Ali Khan had unanimously agreed to bring up the ‘M-word’ only post the release of their film together. And though the film’s already in its first week now, seems like they are still not ready to announce the date yet (at the time of going to press). “We haven’t really had the time to chalk out anything, not that it’s not on our minds,” says Kareena as we catch up with the actor at her and Saif’s plush Bandra office. The excerpts:

So, will it be a band, baajaa, baarat in December?
The wedding’s becoming such an obsession! People seem to be losing more sleep over it, than us (laughs). But no, as of now, there are no dates on the cards yet. We are just so neck deep in work, so, the wait is on till we can co-ordinate our work schedules and then figure.

Do you like Saif in an action avatar a la Agent Vinod or as a hardcore romantic?

I like Saif no matter what role he plays. I think he becomes the part, and can make you fall in love with no matter who he is on screen.

Have you been able to put the brawlgate episode behind you?
It was disturbing, but I also know that he’s not to be blamed alone, though he’s been gracious enough to accept his mistake and move on.

As for your films, does the 400 crore heroine tag weigh heavy?
For me it only means being considered for more films and so having more options, which I think is good. I love acting, and these tags are secondary.

What about awards?
Well, others can have the awards. I am happy with the rewards. So give me a fun break once every year, instead of an award and I’ll be happy (laughs). Films are just a part of my life, a part that I extremely love and am very passionate about, but a part nevertheless. There’s more that I want to do than just act 365 days a year. There’s a life beyond the camera and I want to enjoy it with the ones I love. They will always be priority.

There’s been buzz of there being some tension between you and Shah Rukh Khan?
No, I don’t know who’s spreading such rubbish. There’s no problem whatsoever. We both share a great equation.

And the equation with Salman? Aren’t you doing another film with him?
I don’t know about that (laughs). But Salman is and always will be a very dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment