‘I am overwhelmed’ ...says actor Abhay Deol about the response he got for his role as an IAS official


‘I am overwhelmed’

...says actor Abhay Deol about the response he got for his role as an IAS official



Actor Abhay Deol has been pretty busy playing the perfect brother to sister, actor Esha Deol. Abhay was present at all functions when Esha tied the knot with businessman Bharat Takhtani over the weekend in the city. Though his cousins, actors Sunny and Bobby Deol were not to be seen, Abhay made his presence felt with girlfriend Preeti Desai, participating in full fervour. The actor reportedly made sure he cancelled all other professional commitments he had for the week for Esha’s wedding.
A source close to him says, “Abhay and Esha have always been close. He has always been there for Esha while growing up and vice versa. Also there isn’t too much age gap between them. Abhay’s really fond of Esha so when it was announced that Esha was tying the knot, Abhay made sure he didn’t have any shoots or assignments around that time. He wanted to be present for every ritual and be a part of one of Esha’s most important moments in life.” Abhay’s girlfriend Preeti apparently gets along very well with Abhay’s side of family and everyone’s really fond of her. The source continues, “She was always an integral part of the wedding preparations and stood by Esha’s side like a sister or best friend would.”
Besides the wedding, Abhay is extremely happy with the response he has gotten for his role in filmmaker Dibakar Banerjee’s Shanghai. The film that sees Abhay play a Tamil IAS officer, wasn’t an easy role to pull of, says the actor. “I was very apprehensive about playing a Tamil character, a language I’m completely alien to. I was very sceptical because I didn’t want to come across as stereotyping South Indians. I am extremely overwhelmed with people’s compliments about my role. The biggest compliment to me was when someone told me that I didn’t overdo the South Indian accent. That was my moment of victory,” he smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment