Kanan’s tabla tales!

Actor Kanan Malhotra, who will be seen as a simpleton named Daljeet, in Zee TV’s upcoming love story Rab Se Sona Isshq, is a trained tabla player. He surprised the unit members when he held his own little mehfil during shooting. During a wedding sequence, Kanan was thrilled to find tablas on the sets and was unable to resist the temptation to play his favourite musical instrument. Soon, many unit members gathered around, cheering him on. The actor got into the groove and played item numbers ‘Anarkali disco chali’ and ‘Munni badnaam hui’ while singing them too. The onlookers were in spilts and egged him on for an encore. He ended up giving a hilarious twist to some popular tracks and now Kanan’s tabla mehfils are all the rage on the sets. Kanan says, “I am not exactly Zakir Hussain but I do play the tabla fairly well. I had formal training for a couple of years during my childhood. Creating funny remixes of item songs with the tabla is something that comes spontaneously to me. I’m glad the entire crew found it so amusing. I guess it proved to be quite a stress-buster for all of us while we scampered all over the place to shoot so many episodes in a crunched 25 day shoot schedule in Punjab.”

No comments:

Post a Comment