Yami Gautam, who moved from the small screen to movies, says she would rather keep herself busy with films

Since TV projects involve very hectic schedules, it would be difficult to manage them now
—Actor Yami Gautam
She made her small screen debut with Chand Ke Paar Chalo before moving on to another TV serial, Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam (YPNHK). Now, Yami Gautam has made a debut in Bollywood with Vicky Donor (2012). Although YPNHK has been her claim to fame, Yami is in no mood to get back to television again.
“Since TV projects (daily soaps) involve very hectic schedules, it would be difficult to manage them now. I know the small screen has now become big, with several major stars on TV, but I can’t put myself in the same bracket as Mr Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan or Salman Khan. I would rather keep myself busy with my work on the big screen,” says Yami with a smile.
Currently busy with a Tamil-Telugu bilingual Gauravam, produced by Prakash Raj, Yami has also signed her next Hindi film. But ask her about it and she laughs, “I can’t talk about it. You know, how things are in Bollywood. But I can reveal that I have started learning Kathak for the film.”
The actor reveals that she jumped at the chance of getting to learn a new dance form. “It will help me a lot for the film. Otherwise too, I have always loved dancing,” says the Chandigarh girl, who accepts that “life has become busier” after Vicky Donor. “But I am in no hurry to sign up projects right now,” says the actor, who has also done innumerable ads for brands like Fair & Lovely and Samsung Galaxy in the past.
After playing a Bengali girl in her debut, is she getting offers for Bengali films too? Yami says excitedly, “Forget Bengal, people in Chandigarh too can’t believe that I am not Bengali in real life. I love that people have loved my work in the film. I couldn’t have asked for anything else.”
The actor is currently shooting for Gauravam in Mysore. “Ever since Vicky Donor released, I have been busy shooting in Mysore. It’s a commitment that I made long ago,” says Yami, who is also likely to be seen in Shoojit Sircar’s Hamara Bajaj, opposite Ayushmaan Khurrana.

No comments:

Post a Comment