‘It’s irritating!’ …lashes out actor Shruti Haasan at the constant comparisons between film industries; also reveals why she won’t ever let language decide her choice of films

‘It’s irritating!’
…lashes out actor Shruti Haasan at the constant comparisons between film industries; also reveals why she won’t ever let language decide her choice of films

Having shifted base to the city recently, actor Shruti Haasan reveals that she has settled comfortably in her new Bandra house. “I am a hardcore Bandra girl now,” she smiles. However, the actor clarifies that unlike what the industry buzz suggests, her shifting to the city is not a professional move at all. “I have studied here, have a huge set of friends, plus I like the vibe of the place, so moving here is more like coming home, than pursuing Bollywood,” says Shruti.
While her career down South is on the upswing, in Bollywood too, the actor has recently bagged Prabhudheva’s next, a romantic flick with the debutant Girish Taurani. “I had been looking forward to doing a romantic flick here, so I am glad this one came along. Plus I’m really keen to do the song and dance routine too,” adds Shruti, who has no intentions of putting work in any one industry on the back-burner to make way for another. “It’s irritating at times when people constantly compare and divide industries on basis of language. I don’t think it’s any different from balancing two-three films in the same industry,” she says.
As for tackling language issues, Shruti adds, “My mum (actor Sarika) can speak around five languages, my dad knows another five languages, so right from childhood we have been exposed to nothing less than eight languages. In fact, I would learn French and even Chinese if I could. So language is hardly something that will help me choose my films,” she explains.
Films apart, the actor reveals that she is also working on cutting an album. “It will probably be in Hindi and English,” says Shruti. The actor who has done playback singing for her own films, is also keen to sing for other actors here. But ask her if there’s any one actor who she would want to sing for and she says, “Music directors and not actors are my criteria. Just my voice should suit the actor, but I have a long list of music directors I would want to work with for sure,” she smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment