Dance keeps me fit Pretty actor Dia Mirza says dancing and yoga are two things she swears by

Dance keeps me fit
Pretty actor Dia Mirza says dancing and yoga are two things she swears by

Actor Dia Mirza has always been a very fit person. Considering that she has been a beauty peagant winner, she has always been very serious about her workout routine. Talking about it she says, “I try to indulge in activities I enjoy. There has to be a constant variation in the kind of exercise you do or else your body gets used to one form of workout. I try and include lots of fun stuff to do while I exercise like dance, kickboxing, cardiovascular exercises and cross fit training,” she reveals.
With the kind of lifestyle actors lead, it becomes essential to be in shape. “For me, fitness is not about working out. It is about feeling good about myself. I enjoy what I do and never push myself to do things I don’t like. I am not too fond of going to the gym and so I am outdoors a lot. I go horseriding when I get the time. I would do it a lot specially in Hyderabad but here I don’t have the time to indulge in it,” she rues.
Dance is an integral part of her life, confesses Dia. “Dancing energies me like nothing else does. When I feel stressed, I just shut the door to my room and dance my blues away. It’s very therapeutic along with being an excellent form of workout. I also love kickboxing, you burn a lot of calories with this sport. I also do functional training in the gym that essentially concentrates on one body part. I have also recently begun cross fit training but I am yet to take that up entirely.”
Along with going to the gym the actor says mental balance is of utmost importance. “Yoga calms me down. Meditation is good for everyone as everyone needs to be balanced.”

No comments:

Post a Comment