‘It’s the best time to be in the industry’ ...says actor Jackie Shroff, who is playing pivotal roles in his upcoming films

‘It’s the best time to be in the industry’
...says actor Jackie Shroff, who is playing pivotal roles in his upcoming films

Actor Jackie Shroff, who has just made his debut in Marathi films with Hridyanath is so happy with the response that he has decided to do at least two films in the language. “People are surprised that I speak Marathi well but I have grown up amongst Maharashtrians and am extremely fluent in the language,” smiles Jackie who saw the film in a theatre with the public. “I rarely go to the theatres, the last one I saw was 1942 – A Love Story,” confesses the actor, who enjoyed the experience.
The actor is now gearing up for his next Hindi release Cover Story, which has him playing a journalist. An amused Jackie says, “After years — from 1992 to be precise — of being interviewed by journos, I myself am essaying one. I have gone with my instincts but there are some scribes who remained etched in my memory and I have drawn inspiration from them,” he reveals. The film has him playing an entertainment journalist who turns investigative when he starts interviewing a female superstar and digs deeper into her past.
The actor is also excited about the sequel of his superhit film Teri Meherbaniyan, which was a touching film about him and his pet dog. The sequel, he says will not take off from the original, in which he had died, but will have a fresh story. The other films in his kitty include Dirty Politics with KC Bokadia and a Yash Raj film. “It’s the best time to be in the industry. I am getting strong roles to portray. Even earlier in my career, I hardly did the song and dance routine, but to get such powerful roles now is great,” says Jackie. He is also looking forward to the film debut of his son Tiger in Sajid Nadiadwala’s film. “Tiger is currently working out, rehearsing and doing all that is required to be an actor. The film will go on the floors in December,” says the papa proudly. What is his advice to his son? “Main khud ko kuch advice nahi de saka, usko kya doonga,” he laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment