‘Not quitting South!’ …says actor Shruti Haasan, clarifying that despite having moved to the city and signed Bollywood films, it’s not adieu to her films down South


‘Not quitting South!’

…says actor Shruti Haasan, clarifying that despite having moved to the city and signed Bollywood films, it’s not adieu to her films down South


There was a time, not too long ago, when actor Shruti Haasan was waiting for the right scripts in Bollywood. Cut to today, the actor has gotten so busy with her film here that she barely has time for anything else. The actor, who recently shifted base to Mumbai with plans to pursue Bollywood more seriously, after a rather successful stint down South, recently began shooting for the yet-to-be-titled Prabhudheva film that also marks the debut of Girish Taurani. And the actor reveals that she is maha-excited to be working with the ace director, who she’s grown up watching. “I’ve looked up to Prabhudheva since I was a kid. Unfortunately I’ve never had the opportunity to work with him. So it’s great to finally be working with him in a Bollywood movie after all these years of Chennai connection. I’m glad he thought I could play the part after seeing all my work in the south,” shares Shruti.
The actor has apparently been shooting for the songs first. Though she hasn’t sung them, Shruti reveals that she is enjoying the dancing part immensely. “I have always enjoyed the dance and song sequence of our films. I think that’s a huge part of the attraction,” she adds. Meanwhile, the actor admits that the hectic shoots leave her little time for her music, but she does manage to squeeze in some time. “It’s a hectic schedule, but I love the busy me. Whenever I get the time in between, I’m also looking into my music,” adds Shruti.
But work apart, we ask the actor about her personal life and the actor says that work’s taken over the personal space completely. “Right now, I’m sort of focussing on my films. I am busy here at present, but I’m not giving up films down South, so I’m reading scripts and keeping busy with work in both Bollywood and in the South,” she says. As for rumours of her quitting South industry, she adds, “No way. I am not quitting or giving up my films down South. It’s ridiculous to divide industries for actors. I think it’s the scripts that drive us, not languages, so I don’t see why it has to be this or that and not both?” she quips.

No comments:

Post a Comment