For those luscious locks… Actor Nargis Fakhri reveals some tips on maintaining voluminous and frizz-free hair during the rainy season

For those luscious locks…
Actor Nargis Fakhri reveals some tips on maintaining voluminous and frizz-free hair during the rainy season


During the monsoon, your hair behaves differently due to the increased humidity, and a proper monsoon hair care regime is needed to nourish your locks from within. Being in my profession, I ensure I follow an effective hair care regime that can combat the excess moisture in the air and keep my hair smooth and manageable 24x7. Drinking adequate water, a healthy diet, enough sleep and regular oil massage works wonders.
A 20-minute deep conditioning massage with a coconut-based hair oil is something I religiously follow. Hair oil deeply penetrates your scalp and conditions your hair, protecting it against the frizz and keeping the hair thick. After washing my hair, I pat it dry with a towel, and use a soft hair brush or a wide-toothed comb and ensure my hair isn’t treated harshly. I’m also careful not to tie my hair very tightly, as this can cause breakage and roughness.
It’s best to keep your hair styles as simple as possible, maybe tie the hair in a sleek ponytail or a bun, as they are the easiest to maintain in the humid weather. Avoid fancier hairstyles or a blow-dry that requires much heat and products, that can further damage the mane.
A good diet that includes three portions of fruit and vegetables gives me my share of antioxidants to keep my hair healthy. Also, protein-enriched foods such as milk, yoghurt and sprouts provide essential nourishment. Sipping on healthy drinks like coconut water will keep your system hydrated and refreshed, making sure the hair is healthy.

— As told to Shreya Badola

No comments:

Post a Comment