I AM STILL A CHILD’ Says actor-singer Jennifer Lopez, as she releases a greatest hits compilation that also features a new single with Pitbull

I can go on elaborating upon
my experience of working with Pitbull. We always have a
great time recording
— Singer Jennifer Lopez
From page 1 She has been in the music industry for 13 years and has churned out quite a few pophits in the past decade, even achieving global commercial success with tracks like ‘Waiting for tonight’ (1999) and ‘If you had my love’ (1999) from her debut album, On The 6. So it’s surprising when singer-actor Jennifer Lopez says that she still feels like a novice in the business. “I’m still new to the world of music. I’m like a child who wants to learn more and more. Every time I sing a new song, there is so much I learn. I want to be better than what I am right now.”
However, the desire to do something new hasn’t stopped her from releasing a greatest hits compilation album recently. “Finally, the wait is over and here I am to dance on the hits again. My fans would now get to see two of my new compositions along with the existing hits,” says Lopez, who has seven albums and over two dozen movies to her credit.
The album, Dance Again…The Hits (Sony Music), also features two new singles, including the collaboration, ‘Dance again’, with rapper Pitbull. “I love the message of the song — that when something bad happens, your life isn’t over. You have to get up; you’re gonna live; you’re going to be okay and you’re gonna to dance (sic),” she says.
Previously, the duo teamed up for the single, ‘On the floor’, which released last year. “I can go on elaborating upon my experience of working with Pitbull. We always have a great time recording. On the sets of ‘On the floor’, we decided to return with yet another sizzling song, and that’s when ‘Dance again’ happened. Not just that, we plan to come out with another chartbuster in the coming few days,” she says.
Currently, Lopez is busy with her tours, promoting her latest release. Ask her if India is on her list of future venues and she replies, “Performing in a place where you have a huge number of fans has always kept me upbeat. Let’s wait and see what the future holds for me and my fans in India. Fingers crossed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment