108 musicians perform live

Sukhwinder, along with Neha and Sonu Kakkad, recently recorded the title track for a Sunday TV show, Lakhon Mein Ek, aired on Star Plus, with 108 musicians playing live. The song has been penned by Gulzar.
“I’m not against keyboard programming, but I missed the energy and festivity that characterised the scores of Mughale-Azam (1960) and Pakeezah (1972), which I still find in songs sung at dargahs, mandirs and gurdwara,” Sukhwinder. He spent 90 per cent of his fee getting these musicians together for a three-day recording.
Sukhwinder now intends to use these musicians for around 20 songs that he’ll record through the year. He says, “When they heard this, they started clapping. It’s not an experiment. I really want to revive a tradition that is dying out and incorporate it into our modern digital world through TV shows, films and concerts. I want to celebrate another live musical festival soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment