An ode to Lord Ganesha

An ode to Lord Ganesha


With Ganesh Chaturthi less than a month away, there couldn’t be a more apt time to display art works centered around Lord Ganesha. Artist Kavita Joshi who’s currently displaying a collection of acrylic paintings simply titled Lord Ganesha, explains that she grew up around the area of the Siddhivinayak temple. So when she began painting, she decided to start with this auspicious subject. “My first exhibit in 2007 was done around Ganeshji and though I’ve painted various themes since then, I wanted to go back to my favourite God and subject. This time around the collection features the Lord in different avatars like Mooshakvahan Ganesha, Aishwarya Ganesha, Panchmukhi Ganesha, Shrimant Ganesha, with some abstract and others realistic paintings,” explains Kavita. She says that the Lord guides and energises her everytime she works on a blank canvas. What stands out in her works are the use of vivid hues. “Colours remain the main object in my art work. I’ve used bright and unusual colour combinations to make the images stand out,” she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment