There’s more to me than my body …reveals actor Randeep Hooda; talks about not wanting to get only slotted in love-driven roles


 There’s more to me than my body

…reveals actor Randeep Hooda; talks about not wanting to get only slotted in sex-driven roles



Actor Randeep Hooda, who has been voted among the sexiest men on a reputed international film website, maintains that he’s never taken such tags seriously. It’s no different now when the actor’s being as much- talked-about for his sex quotient in a film like Jism 2 as his performance in Jannat 2. “I want people to know me for my body of work, than just my body,” says Randeep, explaining why he would not want to be slotted in any particular image. “Being sexy can always just be an added advantage, not the be-all and end-all for an actor,” he insists.
Randeep reveals that his criteria are performance-oriented roles and not the length or genre. “If the character is well-etched you automatically get the scope to perform, so whether it’s five minutes, 15 or 50, you can make the most of it,” he adds.
From almost being the side-kick to actor Emraan Hashmi in the promotions of Jannat 2, to now being the lead hero in several of the Bhatt productions including Murder 3 where he has replaced Emraan in the third installment, Randeep must be feeling a sense of achievement. But the actor denies it. “The real achievement is to do justice to the character and not bag banners or big films. It is always a dream to get interesting films and do certain kind of roles, but it has nothing to do with replacing any other actor.”
Meanwhile, the actor who is currently shooting for Murder 3 in South Africa plans to wrap up the schedule and return home in the first week of September. “Yes, I hope to return by September 6. Right after that I will be busy again with John Day and Shooter,” shares Randeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment