I’d probably beat them to death! ...John Abraham reacts to the tragic death of the Delhi rape victim

I’d probably beat them to death!
...John Abraham reacts to the tragic death of the Delhi rape victim

I have never ever endorsed capital punishment in my life. But I think these rapists deserve to die. And if it were to me, I’d probably beat them to death with my bare hands. I worry that I may end up taking the law in my own hands if I see any woman being sexually harassed in front of me. I really fail to understand how many innocent souls should be lost to such rapists before the government takes the issue of safety for women seriously. I am appalled and I just don’t have the words that can convey the anger I am feeling about what happened. I am so distraught that I actually feel like crying. I had read somewhere that we are mere inhabitants and not civilians and I agree. I am angered, embarrassed and ashamed of what is happening in our country. I was recently in Kochi shooting for Madras Cafe, and there were a couple of foreigners on the sets. They said they won’t visit Delhi as they don’t want to be raped. The system needs to realise that women’s safety is not an option, it’s a basic right. Stricter laws and fast justice are the need of the hour. Self-empowerment for women is important, but we cannot shrug away our responsibility to ensure that women around us are protected. They need not be our family members, or acquaintances, but we are humans and should behave like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment