NEIL’S A GANGSTER FROM THE 70s IN HIS NEXT

NEIL’S A GANGSTER FROM THE 70s IN HIS NEXT



    Neil Nitin Mukesh plays a gangster from the 70s in Bejoy Nambiar’s David, which spans three eras. He was asked to go completely retro and grow a thick moustache for the film.
    Says Bejoy, who has also directed the 2011 thriller Shaitan, “We had a very specific look in mind before we started work. We had a few references, did a couple of trial runs and finally settled for this look. Neil experimented with his hair and also grew a moustache. What’s special is, that he looks very different from any of his earlier films.”
    Says an excited Neil, “When Bejoy approached me, I fell in love with the script from the word go. I knew it was another step forward for me after playing dark characters in Johnny Gaddaar and Players. When my look was being discussed, I gave him a couple of suggestions and he was very open to it.”
    The film has three characters that share the same name and Bejoy was sure he wanted Neil to play the gangster’s role. The actor’s portions have been entirely shot in London. Adds Bejoy, “I had seen his work and I knew he was a good actor; he was my David of the 70s. I’m very satisfied with the way the film has shaped up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment