‘Honeymoon can wait!’ ...says TV actor Kinshuk Mahajan, whose commitment to work has kept him from going for his honeymoon post-marriage

‘Honeymoon can wait!’

...says TV actor Kinshuk Mahajan, whose commitment to work has kept him from going for his honeymoon post-marriage

Enlarge Image


What is Afsar Bitiya, your new show on Zee TV all about?
Afsar Bitiya, set in Bhagalpur in Bihar, throws light on the importance of female education and issues centring around it. It talks about a young girl, Krishna’s resilience, aspirations, dreams and motivation to work harder and make a mark in society despite all adversities. And I am a strong believer of the tagline of the show — Jab Ek Ladki Padhti Hai Toh Duniya Badalti Hai.

What about your character in the show?
I play Pintoo Singh, an interesting character who is the quintessential village goon and being the youngest child in the family has been pampered all his life. Though he comes across as a brat, rough and brash, deep down he is a good human being.

About your personal life, you recently got married and were back to work right after?
Actually I’m a very dedicated actor you see (laughs). But on a serious note, I had signed Afsar Bitiya much before we decided my wedding date. And the shoot of the show was at a very crucial juncture at that point. It would have been unprofessional on my part had I taken a prolonged leave for my shaadi. Initially I got only five days off for my wedding. Thankfully, when the launch date got pushed a bit and I got three days extra. For me, work comes first and I do not want to compromise on that front at all.

We hear you haven’t even gone for your honeymoon yet?
Yes, actually I want to take Divya (wife) to Europe for honeymoon, but again that would require me to take a long leave which I cannot at this moment. Right now my entire focus is on Afsar Bitiya. I have decided to take mini breaks of three to four days to various destinations in India as well as neighbouring countries in the meantime. We went to Thailand recently, but my proper honeymoon will happen only when I go to Europe. And my writer/producer Rakesh Paswan has promised me a long leave once the show goes on air!

You play a good husband on screen. Are you a good husband in real life as well?
Definitely! I’m a very good and dedicated husband. My wife tells me I’m very caring and understanding. More than husband and wife, we are very good friends. She knows the nature of my work and is very supportive in that sense. I, on my part, try to wrap up my scedules as early as possible and spend as much time as possible with her.

You work with so many beautiful actresses. How does your wife feel about this?
Divya and I’ve known each other for eight years now. She had complete faith in me when I was dating her and that trust is intact even after marriage. As far as I am concerned, I’m too madly in love with her to even let such thoughts cross my mind. At the end of the day, I’m an actor. What I do on screen is all just imagination of a writer or a director. I’m just a medium who portrays that.

If not an actor, what would you have done?
I never set out to become an actor, but always wanted to get into direction. In fact, I also took a diploma in direction. However fate willed otherwise. I first appeared in the film Delhi Heights and was taken to Mumbai for a song shoot. After completing the film, I got a show Dhoom Machao Dhoom and moved on to do other primetime shows. Now that destiny wants me to become an actor, I will wait for my chance to become a full-fledged director.

No comments:

Post a Comment