'I was extra hard on myself' Actor Nargis Fakhri says she finds the comparisons with actor Katrina Kaif a compliment and ponders on her life post her debut film

'I was extra hard on myself'

Actor Nargis Fakhri says she finds the comparisons with actor Katrina Kaif a compliment and ponders on her life post her debut film


There have been a lot of comparisons between you and Katrina Kaif. Some have even said that you look like Katrina Kaif and talk like her when she had started off in Bollywood. Do you agree? What do you feel about the comparisons?

How can I talk or sound like her when she has a British accent and I have an American accent? That's funny. I think it's a compliment that they think we look alike. I find her extremely sexy, so if people think that about me too, that's awesome. But I don't really think you can compare any two people…makes no sense to me, because we are all so different and unique and special in our own ways.

Your first film is a hit. Do you think life becomes tougher for an actor when your first film becomes an instant hit? The pressure to deliver hits climbs up?

Yes, I think it does, but I think I can handle it. I put 200 percent into my film and so I'll now put 300 percent for the next film… I'll just keep doing the best I can and see what happens.

Was it a pressure to perform because you were a newbie? Or you had resigned yourself to fate at the Box Office?

There wasn't any pressure like that… My pressure was to push myself beyond what I knew I was capable of. The pressure was more from an artist's perspective of trying your best to create this art. So, I was extra hard on myself. I have never worked as hard on anything as I did on this film. My passion for the story was so strong that I put my own pressure on myself.

There are rumours that you have replaced Deepika and Sonam in certain brand endorse ments. What is the USP behind you bagging contracts worth Rs 9 crore even before your film released?

I don't know about replacing people, but yes, I have had the honour of being associated with some fantastic brands. I am just happy that they think I am a good fit for their brand. You'll have to ask them about the USP, because for a brand it is important to find someone that stands for what they do, and someone who can take them forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment