Turning 30 Actor Dia Mirza who turns 30 today, says she cannot be more excited!

Turning 30

Actor Dia Mirza who turns 30 today, says she cannot be more excited!



What are the plans for your birthday today?
It's a big b'day! I am going to turn all of 30. I've been shuttling between Kolkata and Delhi, so for a change I will be bringing in my birthday, in the real winter of Delhi. I have an evening planned with my friends and family. It should be lots of fun. Last year was a barbecue by the pool and this year looks like it's going to be a grill by a bonfire!

Your first film as a producer has done reasonably, but do you feel that it could have done better?
Love, BreakUps, Zindagi was our first effort as a producer and I really believe that we are very lucky to have received the love, adulation and support that we did (and continue to). I always believed in the soul of the film and like any producer or artiste would want the best for it, and in that regard I do believe that there was always more potential for even more success. That said, I am still thrilled with the way it all turned out.

What about your second production? Is it going to be mounted on a bigger budget?
Well, as soon as we lock our next script and get the cast in order we will announce our plans. It is likely that this film will be mounted on a larger frame, but that is so because the genre/script genuinely demands it.

The other big announcement from your end — that everyone's waiting for — is the news of your marriage...
I believe that Sahil (producer boyfriend Sahil Singha) and I are in a good place vis-a-vis our relationship. We're happy. There are a few immediate work commitments that are going to keep us busy in the immediate future, so no date, etc has been discussed yet. But when we know, you'll know.

We heard that you have started doing regional films... Any film that you have just signed or are about to sign?
This will be my first Bengali film. My ode to my Bengali mother! I had to be a part of this film. When you see it you'll know why! It's a wonderful, sensitive story that had to be shared. Post this I'm going away on a vacation (it is long overdue) and as soon as I am back, I will be able to shed some light on what else is in the pipeline.

So, do you think that you will be able devote time between your own films and the films that you have in hand?
Absolutely! Zayed (actor Zayed Khan), Sahil and I, share responsibilities as producers. We all realise that each of us will have opportunities outside of our production house and while one is away, the other two will hold fort! Besides we are blessed with a team that has our backing at all times.

Anything that you wish to tell our readers…
I would like to wish all of them a wonderful start to the New Year! I encourage them all to make some positive resolutions and I hope they find the strength to make good resolutions. I know I am making a few that I am going to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment