'Marriage can wait' ...ssays actor Shahana Goswami, as she talks about stepping into new territories with her musical

'Marriage can wait'

...ssays actor Shahana Goswami, as she talks about stepping into new territories with her musical



Actor Shahana Goswami, who is best known for her role in Rock On, has over a period of time earned herself the tag of a versatile actor. After her last film, actor Shah Rukh Khan's Ra.One, where she played a video-game developer, she has now stepped into new territories. Shahana is currently working on Rohan Sippy's Bollywood style musical, Love and All That Jazz. The actor, who has dabbled with theatre before, is extremely happy to be back on stage. Ask her about her experience of performing to a live audience and she says theatre and films are extremely different art forms. "A lot of people ask me which I prefer, but I find it extremely difficult to make a choice. This musical is not a serious play. It is set in a different era – the 50s and the 60s and is larger than life. It has been a great experience."
Shahana plays a famous jazz bar singer and had to brush up quite a bit on her vocal chords. Though she isn't a huge follower of jazz music, she does listen to it once in a while. "I do listen to jazz music, but it's not like I follow the genre regularly. I do sing as well but never professionally. This time I had a voice coach who taught me to modulate and use my voice efficiently. Singing jazz has a very different requirement because you have to pronounce words a certain way. I had fun and some of them who came for our first show in Delhi were very impressed with my singing abilities."
While she did get a lot of compliments, the best one however, came from her mother, who also happens to her harsh critic. "My mother is usually very critical of my work but she was very happy this time. I was pleasantly surprised." Ask her what beau Milind Soman thought about her performance and she says, he is yet to see it. "He was travelling but he will catch the show on the 10th of December." While talking about Milind, we ask her if marriage is on the cards for them and she disapproves. "Which 25-year-old around is getting married, please tell me! I am asked this question, time and again, but we are in absolutely no hurry to marry. Yes, we are in a relationship, and we are serious, but marriage can wait. I think marriage should happen only when you know yourself completely and I still have a couple of more years to get there."

No comments:

Post a Comment