'I was a complete tomboy!' ...reveals actor Srishty Rode, who is currently playing the role of Shobha, the warrior princess in Shobha Somnath Ki

'I was a complete tomboy!'

...reveals actor Srishty Rode, who is currently playing the role of Shobha, the warrior princess in Shobha Somnath Ki


Actor Srishty Rode aka Shobha of Zee TV's Shobha Somnath Ki, feels that she is absolutely the opposite of her on screen character, Shobha. A happy-go-lucky girl who loves shopping and hanging out with her friends is anything but similar to the daredevil warrior princess that she essays in the show. But the actor reveals that the challenge of playing someone so different is what made her accept the role, as it challenged her potential as an actor. In a candid chat Srishty gives a glimpse of her real self.
Talking about Shobha, Srishty says, "Frankly, I do not consider myself, in any way, comparable with the valiant warrior princess Shobha who managed to safeguard the interests of her land and thwarted the attempts of Mughal invader Ghaznavi to plunder the Somnath Mandir. She was made of a different mettle! As for me, I'm just a sweet girl-next-door making a sincere attempt to imbibe Shobha's body language, bearing, posture and poise. My single point agenda is to play Shobha convincingly and inspire the audience through my portrayal."
About her co-stars she says, "I bond beautifully with Preeti Puri who plays Maharani Gayatri Devi. She and I have a lot in common, be it in terms of shopping interests, music we listen to, books we read, etc."
Calling herself a tomboy as a kid, the actor says she's clueless about what made her change. "I went to St Louis Convent High School in Mumbai and as a kid, I was a complete tomboy who used to get into brawls with boys. But I have no clue what snapped inside me when I was in class eighth. I turned over a new leaf and became all sweet, soft-spoken and began taking interest in girly stuff. Maybe it was the pressure to conform to the norms of society and be accepted as a woman. (laughs)! Anyone who's met me post my transformation would find it hard to believe that I was so brash and boisterous earlier!"adds Srishty.
So what made her get into acting? "My father is a cinematographer and has worked extensively across television shows. So to that extent, I always had the opportunity to observe the world of glamour from close quarters. On some level, I suppose I wanted to become an actress. But I didn't do anything concrete about my dreams. While I was in my first year of college, I was spotted by Ekta Kapoor's production house and got picked up for one of their shows. Later, I auditioned for ads and ended up getting selected on the very first go."
And what about Bollywood plans? "Oh, I just love Salman Khan. I have loved him right since his debut film Maine Pyar Kiya days and his Dabangg magic still works for me. I wish I could work with him some day," replies Srishty.

No comments:

Post a Comment