‘India is a fun place to be!’ ...says DJ Yves Larock, in an exclusive interview with After Hrs, on his upcoming tour to India

‘India is a fun place to be!’

...says DJ Yves Larock, in an exclusive interview with After Hrs, on his upcoming tour to India


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjhgH48esmq3OaZlSnbXQmkxSLDyZSCbi111zZ-VQOefIeJd6kfNLYLT8A5vJhiSKhdF4VeAdboPc74jwvJmi_8zDjEd1QaczfP6Xa2PoSgLHfP_82PT0mPO9n-TJ2TTRJsdeimRs8p5HAH/s400/yves.jpg
His single Rise Up is still probably one of the most popular clubbing tracks in the whole world. Swiss DJ and producer Yves Larock, is all set to woo the Indians again, when he comes down to India on December 28. Here for a multi-city tour to usher in the New Year, Yves kick-starts his performance at the club, Baroke, this Wednesday night. Here are the excerpts from an interview:

Are you excited to come to India?
Yes, sure. Each time it has been a great time in India. That’s why I keep coming back to India, it’s simply a lot of fun place to be.

How is it like performing in Mumbai?
It’s great; I mean whenever I play here the audience is simply the best. People here are more expressive. They understand your music and they seem to have a lot of fun.

What can your fans expect this time around?
It will be a special performance. I am going to play special stuff. It’s going to be magnetic and people can expect to dance all night long.

Are you aware of any DJ or musicians here?
No, not really but I have heard of AR Rahman. I have listened to his music but am not good with names so I don’t remember.

Currently what are you working on?

I am working on my brand new single, Midnight Run, it’s slated to come out next year.

Your track Rise Up was such a smash hit. Did you ever think that it will become such a world-wide hit?

No (laughs), on the contrary I was quite surprised indeed. This time around though I will be playing a special version of the track Rise Up for the crowd.

At what age did you know for sure that you wanted to be a DJ?
I really didn’t know, I probably never realised it. I was always making music for pleasure. You won’t believe it that I was a Biologist at first. I started being a producer. So, I used to work mainly behind the computer and never got to see the reaction of the fans. I wanted to share my happiness with them, for me the interaction with the audience is very important.

With such a busy schedule what do you do to relax?
I love watching movies, cook for family and friends. When I am in India I watch Bollywood movies that come on the TV.

Talking about food, what do you think about Indian food?
It’s great; I make it a point whenever I am there to try out some delicious Indian food. Only think is that Indian food is a little too spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment