Actor Katrina Kaif, who has been termed 'lucky' by her co-stars and the industry, says it does disappoint her when her acting efforts are sidelined

Not just luck!

Actor Katrina Kaif, who has been termed 'lucky' by her co-stars and the industry, says it does disappoint her when her acting efforts are sidelined



It has been a while since actor Katrina Kaif made her entry in Bollywood and while a lot of things have changed, one word has stuck to her throughout. She has been the lucky mascot for all her co-stars and over the years has been termed as 'lucky' by most of the people she has worked with. While she doesn't mind the tag, she thinks it is more than just 'luck' that gets her going.
"It is a bit disappointing at times. I mean it is a meaningless word. Why would you discount my films doing well with something to do with just luck? Why just me, when other actors flops would be because it was a bad film, while my films are doing well is just because I am lucky? Everyone should be judged with the same parameters and standards", she states emphatically.
Clearly, Kat has been one of the lucky few to have had a great run, especially for someone who isn't even from the country. Explaining her dream run she says, "Everyone's destiny is different and everyone's career path is different. I can't speak for anyone else. All I would say is I have a sense of belonging. I do come from an Indian background and I have learnt the language. I guess those things are important if you want to eventually be here for a while. Obviously I have been blessed and I cannot complain. For where I am today, if I had to complain it would be very ungrateful of me. I have tried to do things honestly and to the best of my abilities. So it's good. As long as people praise me for the work that I do, it is all good."
While we are talking about her journey in Bollywood, we also remind her that she had not long ago said she would want to get married by 2012 and even before we can say anything, she shoots, "I am going to conveniently pretend to forget that I ever said that 'would get married by 2012'. Right now seeing myself at the end of this year is a big achievement for me, thinking about what I would be doing ten years down the line is way too far. Rather than overwhelming yourself with the thought of ten years , I'd take it one at a time. It is an unsettling lifestyle and I want to take it easy."

No comments:

Post a Comment