‘I want to do all genres of film..’ Choreographer-turned-director Remo D’souza talks about his love for direction

‘I want to do all genres of film..’
Choreographer-turned-director Remo D’souza talks about his love for direction

Choreographer turned director Remo D’souza is all geared up for the release of his dance-centric drama ABCD — Any Body Can Dance. Remo’s dream project is India’s first high-powered dance film in 3D, starring some of industry’s best choreographers like Prabhudheva and Ganesh Acharya. The film also stars reality show Dance India Dance winners like Salman Khan, Dharmesh, Prince, Mayuresh and Vrushali.
About the comparisons being made with Hollywood’s dance-based film Step Up, Remo clarifies that ABCD is not a copy. He says, “I have been a dancer and choreographer all my life before turning director. There are all kinds of movies that are being made these days like superhero movies, etc. So, I chose to make a dance film to showcase Indian dance globally. This is why I have chosen actors based on pure talent from Dance India Dance for my film.”
He adds, “Even though I have done choreography all my life, direction is where my heart truly lies. Faltu was an educational movie and now with ABCD, I am exploring dance-based film genre. My next project is an action movie. So, I want to direct all genres and not just stick to one kind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment