Jagdish Mali not in dire straits, is raring to go

Jagdish Mali not in dire straits, is raring to go



    Lensman Jagdish Mali wants to know why small-time actor Mink Brar tried to grab headlines through him. Four days ago, Mink reportedly called journalists to say that she was concerned after having spotted the photographer in a dishevelled state. She thought it fit to run up to him and cover him. Mink also called the media to report her Good Samaritan act.
    Jagdish says he has been diabetic for the past 11 years. But the man who has captured the best photographs of many of the superstars from the 70s till 2000, says, “I’m not in dire straits, nor do I suffer from any other psychological ailment.”
    Says Jagdish, “I left my home in
Andheri, dressed very casually, and walked till Versova, because I’ve been advised to take long walks. All of a sudden, I felt my sugar levels dip and was completely out of breath. I sat outside a friend’s shop and asked him to get me a bar of chocolate. I guess some chocolate was smeared on my face and I probably looked odd. But surely, that is not reason enough for someone to jump the gun and go to the media with a hard-luck story.’’
    He laughs and says, “Being a part of the media, I understand how we sometimes exaggerate a situation. This time, it’s happened to me. I honestly don’t know how to react. All I can say is, my camera and I are raring to go.”

Jagdish Mali and Rekha

No comments:

Post a Comment