A nightmarish debut! Actor Eesha Koppikhar admits that nothing went right in the closing ceremony of MAMI

A nightmarish debut!

Actor Eesha Koppikhar admits that nothing went right in the closing ceremony of MAMI



The co-host had gone missing, the audio-visual was not working, four important guests didn't turn up, names were being changed at the last minute… there couldn't have been a worse debut for actor Eesha Koppikhar as a show host. The actor now admits that she struggled with her job as she tried her best to hold the fallen pieces together at the closing ceremony of the Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI) on Thursday.
"It was around ten minutes before the show that I learnt that my co-host (Rajeev Khandelwal) not turning up. So, whatever we have prepared (according to the script) wouldn't work anymore. So, I thought that I should go on the stage and anchor it on my own. But then there were more things that went wrong," says the actor.

The AV (audio-visual system) which is always a very vital system for any such show didn't function at all. "The screen just stood blank and there I was struggling to find out what's happening next. Also, some people were supposed to bring some reports with them but I think they forgot. I never had a clue about what was happening. It was just an impromptu thing because everything on the schedule went haywire," she says.
If you think that her nightmare had ended there, it didn't. "Then there were a vital few guests who didn't turn up for the show. I don't know if any actor would have agreed to do the job had they been in my situation but I thought that I should do my bit to save the face of the organisers. I didn't think about anything and just went on stage," Eesha says.

Next day, she says she was pained to see people talking about what a bad job she did on stage. "I knew how I held the thing together when nothing was going in our favour. I had people walking up to me and thanking me for putting up a brave face in the midst of such odds. But there were certain people who said that I was unprepared. I had given my hundred per cent to prepare for the show since it was my debut as a show host (she has only anchored show segments before)," she ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment