'Acting is in Ashaji's blood' ...says actor Padmini Kolhapure as she talks about her acting stint with singer Asha Bhosle and her son's debut




"Ashaji is a born genius and working with her was a great experience. I had kept 45 days and more for the shooting, but to my surprise we finished the film in less than 30 days!" says actor Padmini Kolhapure excitedly about working with her paternal aunt and singing legend Asha Bhosle.
Padmini's connection with Asha extends further than being just aunt and niece, it was the latter who had got Padmini into acting. "Yes, I am an actor thanks to Ashaji. I wanted to become a playback singer since my father was a singer. I was singing chorus with Ashaji as the main singer for a film called Ishq Ishq Ishq made by Dev Anand. She introduced me to him saying that this is my niece and I would like you to cast her in one of your movies and there I was in my first film with Dev uncle," reveals the actor. Reportedly, Asha had asked Padmini for some acting tips during the shooting of Maaee, "Ashaji is not new to acting as she does her music videos. Plus she has done theatre when she was young and above all she is the daughter of a great actor Dinanath Mangeshkar. So it's in her blood," Padmini laughs it off.
The actor, who just finished shooting for Maaee, has two Hindi plays along with judging a Marathi dance reality show to concentrate on. But all her focus is right now on her son's Bollywood debut. She says, "Yes my son Priyank Sharma is getting set to enter Bollywood. That's been his only dream and aim, for which we are guiding him and encouraging him. He has just started assisting Rajkumar Santoshi for which he is extremely excited."
Lastly, Padmini adds how she has been rooting for her sister Shivangi's husband actor Shakti Kapoor for a reality TV show. "The whole family gathers around to watch Bigg Boss. We watched the opening episode on our home theatre screen with a full audience including our friends," she adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment