Model-turned-actor Lisa Haydon says that it is difficult to juggle the ramp with movies, if you want to be taken seriously in Bollywood

Lisa's Bollywood fundas

Model-turned-actor Lisa Haydon says that it is difficult to juggle the ramp with movies, if you want to be taken seriously in Bollywood

Lisa Haydon


Model-turned-actor Lisa Haydon's latest outing in a Bollywood film may not have producers and directors queuing outside her door, but the leggy lass is hopeful of a bright future in Tinselville. Lisa says that she has achieved a lot more than she could have hoped for, in the few years since she shifted base from Australia to Mumbai. A brief role in Aisha, starring Sonam Kapoor and Abhay Deol and now Rascals, with Ajay Devgn and Sanjay Dutt, she insists it's not a bad start.
But what about modelling... Is she ready to bid goodbye to the ramp and concentrate on films only from now on? Lisa says that in an ideal world, she'd love to juggle between the two, scorch the ramp and shine in movies, 'but unfortunately that's not how our industry functions'. "I love modeling, but I think if I continue to be seen on the runway, it would affect my chances in movies. I wish things weren't that way, but building an image in the minds of an audience is really important. Also, if you want to be taken seriously, you have to pick and be seen on that platform more often. But I don't see myself bidding goodbye to the ramp altogether. As I see it — being in movies gives you an opportunity to be a showstopper all the time," she says flashing an enthusiastic smile.
Talking about the item number she did in the movie, Lisa says that she is a trained dancer, so any opportunity to put her skill to good use is welcome. "I also did a commercial where I had to shake a leg with (actor) Hrithik Roshan," she reminds us. And the experience, she insists, was simply fabulous. "Hrithik understands dance a lot. So it was great to match moves with someone so passionate about dance. He doesn't look at dance as just another aspect of his profession, he really loves it and takes the effort to be perfect. I like that, it inspired me to put my best foot forward too," says Lisa.
As for her future plans, Lisa says that since age is on her side, she is taking it slow and steady and wants to be a part of films that will reach a wide audience as of now. Till then, an occasional sighting on the ramp is definitely not ruled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment