'D'-factors of Hema's life! Actor Hema Malini reveals the most important aspects of her life — daughter Esha Deol, dancing, directing and hubby actor Dharmendra




Actor-filmmaker Hema Malini is rather excited these days as she awaits the release of her directorial venture starring daughter Esha Deol. This is her second attempt in direction after Dil Aashna Hai, that also marked actor Shah Rukh Khan's debut in B-town. The 1992 release wasn't much of a commercial success and that explains the almost 19 years gap for her second outing as a director. In the meanwhile, the actor was concentrating on acting, her dance performances and she also turned producer of television shows. In a candid chat with After Hrs, the actor spills the beans about the 'D' factor — daughter Esha, direction, dance and Dharmendra.
"Firstly let me clear it's not Esha's comeback film! Also I didn't take up direction, because I didn't trust any other director," states Hema early on. "Esha had taken a break and told me she would do films that were meaningful. I also felt that her proficiency as an actor and for that matter even as dancer was used inadequately. It was around that time that I got the script of this film and incidentally my term in Rajya Sabha was over too. So, I thought may be it's not just incidental and perhaps I am to make this film for my daughter. And today I am glad I took that decision," explains Hema.
Dance is something that has been a passion very close to the veteran actor's heart. Ask her about her love for the art form and she agrees, "Yes, dance is what keeps me going. It doesn't just keep me happy and active, but it's also my way of thanking God who has given me a lot in life. While dancing when I play Parvati or Radha, I feel near to the Almighty. Only through dance I can achieve it. In fact I'd love to make a movie on dance someday and maybe cast Esha in it!"
However it's not just Esha, but also veteran actor and her husband Dharamendra who Hema has directed in this film. So what was the experience like? "Being professionals, none of us ever let our personal ties affect work. In fact Dharamji like always was a director's actor. Whenever he had any ideas, he would suggest them and never demanded to make the changes he adviced. But considering his immense knowledge in films, most of it only enhanced the film's quality. He completed 50 years in the industry, but he hasn't changed a bit as a human being or an actor. He is very grounded and affable. I am very fortunate to have directed him," smiles Hema

No comments:

Post a Comment