Interview of Shruti Seth

The actress describes her first kiss, what pink means to her and the weirdest thing that went into her mouth

The Shararat girl worked for six years in television before making a foray as a character actor on the big screen. After Fanaa (2006), Shruti Seth played parts in Ta Ra Rum Pum, Slumdog Millionaire, and more recently Rajneeti (2010). She married Break Ke Baad director Danish Aslam earlier this year. She will next be seen in My Friend Pinto alongside Prateik and Kalki Koechlin.
One word that describes you best.
Sharp.
Which superhero would you like to be and why?
Mystique from X-Men. Who wouldn't like to be a shape shifter and super hot at the same time?
If a traffic constable hauled you up, what would you do?
Earlier, I would have said that I'd plead a little in Marathi and hope to be let off, but now with the whole fight against corruption I'd pay the fine and hope to be let off.
Your first kiss was...
Clumsy.
The colour `pink' for you is...
The latest symbol of metrosexuality; lately I've seen more men wear pink than women.
A tune you can't get out of your head?
I still haven't found what I'm looking for (live version), which I heard at a U2 concert where the first line was sung by Bono and the rest of the verses were sung by the 70,000 fans in the audience.
What did you do with your first pay cheque?
I gave it to my nani.
The one law you would break if you could get away with it?
Gravity. Would be nice to levitate every now and then.
Do you love Luv Storys?
I most certainly do.
Choose: Air India or Indian Railways?
The former, only because I prefer to fly.
The last time you rode on a bus?
Was in June this year, in New York.
If you could have chosen your own name, what would you have chosen?
As terrible as it may sound, I really wanted to be called Natashka (I actually considered changing it when I was in college).
What is the weirdest thing that ever went into your mouth?
Frog legs... eeeeewwwww, I know! I was tricked into eating them in Singapore.
You are late for work and all the roads are jammed.
Choose a mode of transport: a cycle, a horse or a skateboard. Why?
A cycle and a skateboard would be my first options but with the state of Mumbai roads, I think a horse would be best.
Earth's crowded and chock full of trash. Choose another planet.
Jupiter.
If you could be born either rich or intelligent, which one would you choose? You can't say `both'.
Definitely intelligent. If you know how to use your brain you will find a way to get rich.
What makes your day?
Whenever my husband wakes me up in the morning.
What screws it up?
A night shoot.
Your favourite freedom fighter?
Mahatma Gandhi.
Love is...
Blind.
The last movie that made you cry?
Aarakshan. Whenever I see Mr Bachchan cry on screen, I find it impossible to hold back my tears.
If you were the last person left on earth, what would you do?
Wait for my logical end and hope to get it right the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment