Ayan Mukerji writes relatable stories, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, produced by Dharma Productions, releases today.

Ayan Mukerji writes relatable stories

    Post Rockstar and Barfi, Ranbir Kapoor is considered a phenomenon. This young actor’s brand equity has reached a terrific high and, quite obviously, there is palpable excitement around Ayan Mukerji’s
Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani,
where he teams up with the powerhouse Deepika Padukone. But Ranbir will not let praise go to his head. “I’m just a few years old as an actor and don’t want to be stereotyped in any one kind of role,” he says, adding, “I want to play a variety of characters in films dealing with diverse subjects. Like Besharam, which has action and comedy, or an intense Bombay Velvet, where I play an ambitious guy.”
    He admits that every new release of his, including YJHD, is accompanied by the usual round of anxiety and excitement. But, of course, he doesn’t let any of this worry him beyond a point. “We’ve worked hard and given our best to the film. I’m very excited because Ayan has made a film straight from the heart. I hope we deliver what the audience expects of us.”
    One knows that Ayan wrote both Wake Up Sid and YJHD
with Ranbir in mind. The actor says, “According to me, his strength lies in the fact that he writes relatable stories and characters in realistic situations that find an immediate connection with the audience. He’s a wonderful director and I love working with him. I hope he writes more films and characters with me in mind.”
    This is Ranbir’s second film with producer Karan Johar too. Pleased with the experience, he says, “Karan is a great producer to work with. While he didn’t come to the shoot, his strong support was always there.” The actor credits his producer for the idea of getting Madhuri Dixit-Nene to do the Ghagra item song with him. “We all know The Madhuri Dixit. I had gone on the dance reality show on which Madhuri was one of the judges with Karan. I had danced with her there and I think that’s how Karan got the idea,” says Ranbir.
    The film is also being talked about for his chemistry with Deepika Padukone. And Ranbir readily admits, “Deepika is a very beautiful and talented actress. I’d love to work with her again and again.”
    Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, produced by Dharma Productions, releases today.

Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor

No comments:

Post a Comment