Manish Naggdev

MANISH SLAPPED HIMSELF 150 TIMES



    Guess some actors won’t stop at anything for perfection. Take Manish Naggdev for example. For the role of a psycho that he is playing in an upcoming episode of Savdhaan India, the actor ended up slapping himself over 150 times.
    To top it, he was also slapped by his coactors. In short, by the end of the shot, Manish’s face was red. “I play a man who slaps himself whenever he gets angry. And you can’t fake when you slap yourself. I believe this is the maximum slaps an actor
has received on screen — all of them being real,” says Manish.
    Manish also got beaten up by his co-actors, for a police interrogation scene. Says he, “Though fake, the sticks were still hard. I kept screaming in real pain, but the director thought I was acting. When the shot got over, I asked them to untie me immediately. That’s when they realised I was beaten up for real.”
    Bruised he may be, but Manish is happy playing a negative role as it doesn’t typecast him.

Manish Naggdev

No comments:

Post a Comment