GET READY TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL

GET READY TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL



    Debutante director Sonam Nair’s Gippi is about an endearing teenager, played by Riya Vij. Even as the public verdict is awaited, Gippi is already winning hearts in Bollywood.

RANBIR KAPOOR Gippi took me back to my schooldays. She’s so full of energy and joy, yet so innocent and shy. Riya told me that she loved Barfi and I told her that Gippi would do what Barfi did — make people smile and spread happiness. I also met Sonam after a long time. She was assisting Ayan Mukerji on Wake Up Sid. I can’t believe she’s directed a film already. 

IMRAN KHAN We have never made a movie that is on the coming of age of a girl. I’m really glad that someone has had the courage to do it. 
 
ARJUN KAPOOR I could relate to Gippi because I myself have been an overweight child. In fact, Gippi inspires every person who has been through a phase of self-doubt to leave it behind and triumph. 

SIDHARTH MALHOTRA Gippi reminded me of a girl I knew in school. The film reminded me of all the awkward moments I had during my schooldays. 

VARUN DHAWAN Anyone from the age of eight to 80 can watch Gippi. It’s a film that takes you back to the best times of your life. There’s a Gippi in each one of us. So it’s easy to relate to the film. 

ADITYA ROY KAPUR The film is enjoyable; it has so many endearing moments.
    Gippi, produced by Dharma Productions, releases today.

Arbaz Kadwani, Riya Vij and Divya Dutta

No comments:

Post a Comment