Bhajji is special! Actor Geeta Basra talks about her rumoured boyfriend, cricketer Harbhajan Singh and her return to films after four years

Bhajji is special!
Actor Geeta Basra talks about her rumoured boyfriend, cricketer Harbhajan Singh and her return to films after four years


It’s been more than four years since actor Geeta Basra was seen on the big screen, but the actor reveals that she was not on any break or self-imposed hiatus. “I was just waiting for the right roles,” she says. And the wait has been worth it, insists Geeta, who will soon be seen in Zilla Ghaziabad. Apart from that, the actor has also signed two movies with filmmaker Nitin Manmohan. The actor, who was last seen in the Emraan Hashmi starrer The Train admits that there was no dearth of offers post the film. “There were loads of offers, but there was nothing that excited me. Besides, I was ready to wait rather than sign anything that came my way,” smiles Geeta, who feels that the waiting has paid off, as she’s finally doing the work, she’d be proud of. “I didn’t want to do a film that I would regret later,” adds Geeta. Excited about the current films in hand, she says, “I have signed a three film deal with Nitin Manmohan, but it’s too early to talk about it. I am doing two films with them as of now,” shares Geeta. As for her item number in Zilla Ghaziabad, the actor reveals that it’s a fun song and that was the real draw for her. But films apart, keeping her constantly in the limelight was her rumoured affair with cricketer Harbhajan Singh. Though the two have been spotted together on more than one occasion, fanning speculation of them being a couple, Geeta dismisses it all as rumours. “I heard I was getting married in January, then February, but well we are in April and I’m still not married right?” she quips. “See, I can’t do anything about rumours, so let people talk what they want to. I don’t want to lend credibility to any gossip by either admitting it or denying it. All I want to say is that Bhajji is special. He’s a dear friend! But no, marriage is not happening anytime soon,” adds Geeta.

No comments:

Post a Comment