Going to Cannes? No Idea! Amidst reports of him going to the upcoming international film festival, actor Abhay Deol gives the real story

Going to Cannes? No Idea!
Amidst reports of him going to the upcoming international film festival, actor Abhay Deol gives
the real story



Actor Abhay Deol is currently awaiting the release of his film Shanghai, and is quite excited about being a part of this Dibakar Banerjee film.
The film was recently mired in controversy, with stories of its two heroes — Emraan Hashmi and Abhay — apparently not getting along with each other. Brushing aside the rumours, Abhay said, “I have no problems with Emraan or anyone for that matter. He is a thorough professional and I am sure he knows that I have no issues with him at all. We are all here to work and we had a great time on the sets. I don’t know where all this is coming from.”
Abhay, who plays a Tamil IAS officer, put in a lot of effort to essay the part to the T. The actor didn’t want to go over the top with his portrayal of a stereotypical Tamil speaking guy, so he made sure he got the accent right. “I had a guy on the sets, a writer, who taught me Tamil. It was definitely difficult for me to play a character I had no clue about, and talk a language which was completely alien to me, but Dibakar pushed me. He always opens me up to new experiences, and helped me go that extra mile,” reveals the actor known for his unconventional image.
The actor also sports a moustache in the film for the first time. On being asked about it, he says, “Do you think I would have looked South Indian without that? I was really worried if I would look Tamilian,” he chuckles. However, the reactions he has been getting in the focus screenings have been positive.
Along with Shanghai, Abhay’s first Hollywood film, Singularity, which also stars actors Bipasha Basu and Holly hottie, Josh Hartnett is all set to be showcased at Cannes. While Bipasha is set to attend the festival with director Roland Joeffe, Abhay has no clue about any developments on this matter. “I have absolutely no idea. Not even about the film. Besides, I am leaving for the shooting of Chakravyuh shortly; I really would not have the time for Cannes either,” he said, brushing aside any talk of going to Cannes.


No comments:

Post a Comment