‘I didn’t miss films at all’ ...says actor Karisma Kapoor, as she talks of her kids and coming back to celluloid with her new film

‘I didn’t miss films at all’

...says actor Karisma Kapoor, as she talks of her kids and coming back to celluloid with her new film


http://static.dnaindia.com/images/cache/1680815.jpg
Actor Karisma Kapoor, who is back on the film circuit after a hiatus post motherhood, says she is looking forward to her return on the big screen with Dangerous Ishq, a supernatural thriller. ‘Nervously excited’ are her words for her current state of mind.
Says Karisma: “I am back purely for my love for acting. I was very clear that I didn’t want to be back for anything else because by God’s grace, I have been fortunate enough to have had a great run in my career. I will continue to work at my pace.” She adds, “At this point of time in my life, my priorities are different. I have a life beyond films.”
If being a hands-on mom to her kids was the reason Karisma left films, then the reason for her return to the big screen too is the same. She now wants them to see the actor side to her. “My kids wanted to see what I do and this film is definitely for them. Honestly, I have always kept my kids away, shielded them from Bollywood because it was important that I give them a normal upbringing. But now, my daughter Samaira is old enough to understand what I do. She’s slowly beginning to realise that mummy does movies. They actually identify with movies because of Bebo (Kareena Kapoor). My son (Kian) is too young for all this, but he does listen to the songs,” she reveals.
Talking about her break from Bollywood, the yummy mummy says that she quite enjoyed her time off. “I did not miss films at all. Absolutely not. I was 16 when I started working. I have worked like a dog through the years, and deserved my time off. Offers would come in, but I was clear that I didn’t want to do movies at that time,” says the actor.
Karisma says that managing kids and a career is more do-able now. “It is difficult to juggle, but as long as you balance it out well, it’s all good. Plus, the industry has changed over the years. We are in a way taking inspiration from West — Angelina Jolie has a huge family, but she balances it just fine,” she trails off.

No comments:

Post a Comment