‘I am not dating Shahid Kapoor!’ New-kid-on-the-block, actor Nargis Fakhri comes clean on her rumoured affair with the Kapoor star; also dismisses size zero as ‘not normal’

‘I am not dating Shahid Kapoor!’
New-kid-on-the-block, actor Nargis Fakhri comes clean on her rumoured affair with the Kapoor star; also dismisses size zero as ‘not normal’


Actor Nargis Fakhri has been in the news for her new found friendship with actor Shahid Kapoor. The actor, who has till date remained tightlipped about the rumours, has now decided to come clean on it. “There isn’t much to say about something that is completely untrue. I’m amazed at how people can claim things even when there’s nothing happening. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I would love to be in a relationship but, unfortunately, I am not. If and when I am seeing someone, I won’t want to hide it. I’ll be proud of the person I’m with, and would want everyone to know. I’m still very confused on how people come to this conclusion,” she said, sounding annoyed.
So what’s the deal on Shahid? “I am not dating Shahid. I met him while performing for an awards function ,and he was very supportive as I was performing for the first time. He saw how nervous I was and tried to help. He’s been a friend since that day. Don’t you have guy friends as well as girlfriends, who you just enjoy chilling with? Why is it such a big deal to have lunch, dinner or coffee with a friend?” she thunders.
Veering the topic to work, we point out that much has been written about her pouty lips than acting in debut film Rockstar. But that has not deterred the actor from serving her time as a Bollywood heroine. Would she be game for an item number too? “Why not? I enjoy watching Hindi films songs — the singing and dancing is one of the things I really love about it, she says.”
She started her career at 32 in Bollywood, and does not regret the late start in tinselville. Doesn’t being a late bloomer rule her out in the race for the numero uno? “We should enjoy the little things in life and look beyond just wanting to be number one. I live my life in a way in which experiences are important for my growth, and doing the best I can in anything I choose to do. But I don’t obsess about it,” she said.
What does Nargis as a former model, have to say about the size zero trend in B-Town? “Honestly, size zero is not a normal size for a woman. I used to be a size zero when I came here because unfortunately as an international model, that is the requirement. But I monitored everything I ate, I wanted to be a healthy size zero, which meant no refined sugar, (no sweets), nothing fried or processed, ate many small meals, drank lots of water and veggie smoothies. Now I am in a place where I love my body, which is a sexy size 6/8 depending on the brand. It’s not about your dress size, it’s about your confidence and loving yourself for who you are that makes you sexy and appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment