Despite having to travel constantly for work, the actor's already making plans to travel again — but this time it's for a vacation


Waiting to exhale!

Despite having to travel constantly for work, the actor's already making plans to travel again — but this time it's for a vacation


Actor Abhay Deol


Actor Abhay Deol has been constantly living out of a suitcase since the past few months now, but the actor says that he can't wait to take off on another break now. The actor was globe-trotting across New York and Canada to Shanghai, where he met Hollywood actor Scarlett Johansson. Describing it as a 'wonderful experience' Abhay says the two actually bonded over jetlag. "Both of us were coming from different time zones so the minute we reached Shanghai, we were both super jet-lagged. It took us a while to acclimatise ourselves, but later we spoke at length. She is a very warm person and had so much to talk about India," he shares.
While he has been on the go off late, the actor says he hasn't had a vacation in a long time. "I have been travelling, but only for work and other commitments, so I really need to relax. I have been in different time zones and now my body needs some rest. Even when I was in New York, I couldn't do much. It was a very hurried trip and I was busy for most part. NY is like second home to me. I love that city. I have lived there for a couple of years and it's always a pleasure to go back there," says Abhay, who was there to take part in the NY India parade.
While he was away, what's been the funniest rumour he heard about himself? "Oh there are so many of them. I read about myself in the papers all the time. Frankly I have stopped reacting and to tell the truth, it doesn't even bother me. I am over that phase where any kind of story would bother me, be it personal or professional. I just laugh it off and forget about it. But the strangest rumour I heard recently was that I was a part of Dostana sequel. I don't know where that came from, but the next thing I knew is I was being offered a role in a film I don't even know about."
His last film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara earned him rave reviews and the actor is now working on Dibakar Banerjee's Shanghai. Talking about it, he adds, "It's a very challenging one. I want to do different roles and not get stuck in a rut and Shanghai will be one film I'm absolutely looking forward to."
And what about the constant comparisons with other actors of his age, do they bother him? Without batting an eyelid he says, "Frankly everyone has their own inimitable style, be it dialogue delivery, dance or anything. There is enough work for everyone. Comparisons are bound to happen because our industry is such but it doesn't affect us. I am good friends with Imran and Ranbir (actors Imran Khan and Ranbir Kapoor) so it's all cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment