'I don't like the Casanova tag' …says Bollywood's 'sexiest bachelor' John Abraham, getting candid about his 'girlfriends', marriage and films

'I don't like the Casanova tag'

…says Bollywood's 'sexiest bachelor' John Abraham, getting candid about his 'girlfriends', marriage and films



Ever since actor John Abraham's been featuring on 'B-town's sexiest singles' list post his break-up with long-time girlfriend actor Bipasha Basu, the hunky star finds himself having to deal with constant link-ups, including those with his co-stars. But while John admits that sharing a good equation with your co-star off-screen helps better the chemistry on-screen, he waves off all rumours of link-ups with them. As we catch up with the actor for a quick tete-a-tete, he sets the record straight about his love life, shares his five-year plans and yes, that includes marriage.

First things first, sexy yes, but are you really single?
Well, yes very much. I'm ready to date, but am not dating yet.

So what about the new 'Casanova' image with constant link-ups and all?
I don't know. Maybe because I'm single, people just add two and two together every time they see me with a girl. But, to be honest, I don't like the 'Casanova' tag at all. I'm not a Casanova. I have too much respect for women and relationships to have frivolous affairs.

And what about rumours of there
being a banker girlfriend...
...are rubbish. I have a lot of friends
including girls who are bankers, but no, the girl you are talking about is not my girlfriend.

Does being single make it easier to deal with link-ups?
When you are in a relationship, you don't want to hurt the other person and rumours can get upsetting sometimes, but when you are single, you only have to laugh them off on your own.

Bipasha has admitted to have moved on. Have you?
Yes, that makes it two of us. And no, I'm not heartbroken or bitter or anything with love either.

But would you consider marriage?
Sure. I could be married in the next five months or five years.

Is it true that you are producing ads and co-producing a film too…
Yes, I'm co-producing a film called I, Me Aur Main. I am also looking at producing a film by October. It will star newcomers, but it's too early to talk about it.

We heard you are also working on a script?
Yes I do intend to write a script soon. In fact, I would also love to direct in the next five years may be.

You seem to be playing safe with your choice of films now…
Well, none of my 'experiments' worked at the BO, but I do believe that it's important to balance out those kind of roles with mainstream commercial films. It's just co-incidence though that all of my films in hand — Desi Boyz, Race 2, Housefull 2, Shootout At Wadala, I Me Aur Main — are all pure entertainers. But I will never give up trying out-of-the-box roles for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment