'I never miss playing dandiya' …says actor Prachi Desai who'll be shooting in Jaipur during the Navratri festivities that begin today

'I never miss playing dandiya'

…says actor Prachi Desai who'll be shooting in Jaipur during the Navratri festivities that begin today

Actor Prachi Desai is all set for a dandiya party, even though she's shooting in Jaipur.
"I never miss playing dandiya. This year I am away from Mumbai, shooting for Bol Bachchan in Jaipur, but that doesn't deter me from playing dandiya. My co-star Abhishek (Bachchan) and director Rohit are in for a surprise on the sets! I will be in Jaipur in the days leading up to Diwali and am really looking forward to shop in Jaipur for some lovely silver jewelry and clothes from here. The city is just so beautiful and the atmosphere is lovely!" she exclaims.
Proud to be a Gujarati, Prachi opines that Navratri has graduated from being a Gujarati festival to a national festival a long time ago. "I went to college in Pune and despite being away from Gujarat, there were lots of celebrations there too! This is a festival for the young, who get to go out and dress in traditional attire and have fun at the same time," she adds.
She knows that she is considered one of the most recognisable faces from the Gujarati community. "This is a huge compliment that comes with a great responsibility too. I accept it with absolute humility," says the actor.
Prachi says that she's not going to allow the fact that she's away from home to spoil her Navratri celebrtions. "Most of my last few years have seen me work through Navratri, but I did manage to get time to go back home last year and spend time in Gujarat with my family and friends there. It's usually a time for re-unions with friends and close family," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment