Kareena Kapoor, actor Kareena Kapoor on her first `mujra' that she recently shot for the film, Agent Vinod

I wrapped up the song in 21 hours flat and now I'm sighing over my bruised hands and feet, but the song has turned out really well.
Kareena Kapoor, actor Kareena Kapoor on her first `mujra' that she recently shot for the film, Agent Vinod
Actor Kareena Kapoor has just shot her first `mujra' for beau Saif Ali Khan's home production, Agent Vinod, and it's left her black-and-blue. “I want to kill Saif. I wrapped up the song in 21 hours flat and now I'm sighing over my bruised hands and feet,“ she frowns with feigned anger. The typically Indian classical track, she admits, gave her jitters because she has never done anything like it before. “There was no time for rehearsals because I had to leave and Saif was like, `Hurry, finish the song or we will not get Bebo again.' I was anxious and exhausted,“ says Kareena. “But the song has turned out really well. Saif was on the sets while it was being shot and he is really happy. Seeing the producer happy makes me happy,“ she smiles.
It was Saif, who convinced Saroj Khan to choreograph the song.
“Sarojji is my mentor, she was the one who taught me to dance. She used to beat me around the ankles when we were doing Refugee (2000) if I got a step wrong,“ reminisces Kareena. “Thank god, I have improved as a dancer in the last five years, so I didn't get another trashing,“ she jokes. Tell her that she is among the top dancing stars in Bollywood today and she protests, “No way! In acting I can possibly give my contemporaries a run for their money, but when it comes to dancing, the other girls are so much more graceful.“
Her favourite `mujra' number is `Salaam-e-ishq meri jaan...' from the 1978 film, Muqaddar Ka Sikander, picturised on Rekha and Amitabh Bachchan. But her courtesan act in Agent Vinod is very different, she asserts.
“It's Indian and yet a little funky and sexy,“ she says, shrugging off rumours that it was a last-minute addition in the spy-thriller. “It was always a part of the script. We just decided to picturise it at a later stage.“
Right now Kareena's `Chamak challo...' number from Shah Rukh Khan's Diwali bonanza, RA.One `Teri meri prem kahani...'
from the Eid blockbuster, Bodyguard are hot on the charts. And she's confident that her `mujra' will also be well appreciated.
After three all-time big grossers in 3 Idiots (2009), Golmaal 3 (2010) and Bodyguard, Kareena is being touted as Bollywood's 100-crore heroine, and that's reason enough to be on a high. “I've been flitting between the five Khans -Salman, Shah Rukh, Aamir, Imran and Saif but I have no time to enjoy my success,“ she sighs. “But no complaints, I'm living out all my dreams today.“

No comments:

Post a Comment