Manish Goel on love, life and his wife Poonam on their 10th wedding anniversary

Ten years of marriage these days is an achievement of sorts!

Manish Goel on love, life and his wife Poonam on their 10th wedding anniversary

    Time just flies and Manish Goel can’t believe it’s been ten years since he got married to Poonam. The two actors tied the knot on the this day a decade ago but even today “it feels like it happened yesterday,” he says.
    Says Manish, “I never knew that ten years of married life is an achievement of sorts! My friends and family are telling me that that these days it is. We’ve had our share of ups and downs, but the good thing is that we’ve learnt from our mistakes. We haven’t reached this point by compromising but by understanding and trusting
each other and with Aryaveer and Maliha in our lives, we are complete as a family.” And Poonam’s going to be loaded with gifts this year. “I started giving her the gifts 10 days before our anniversary, almost like a countdown. Every gift has a meaning to it be it accessories, clothes, favourite food, etc. Most important is the shayari I have written for her with every gift and I know she’ll love that the most. She loves these little surprises I give her and I have managed to surprise her every year with something new.”
    The two met on the sets of Kasautii and it was a love-cumarranged marriage. “I was in awe of her as an actress. It was my mom who said she wanted Poonam as her bahu and around the time I, too, started
chasing her. It took me a good six months! And today, I have to admit with a lot of pride that Poonam is my woman of substance and so is my mother who chose her for me.”

The couple at their wedding 10 years ago


Poonam and Manish Goel

No comments:

Post a Comment