Renuka Shahane



Renuka Shahane

When I wasn’t married we normally celebrated Ramlila at
Shivaji Park where we watched an effigy of Raavan being
burnt every year. Once I started working however, I was usually
too busy to celebrate. My favourite Dussehra memory however
dates back to October 7, 2000 which was both my birthday and the
day on which Dussehra fell in that particular year. At that time I had
already been dating my husband Ranaji for two years and we jointly
hosted the most humongous party to which we invited all our friends.
That year we celebrated Ramlila with a touch of humour and
burnt an effigy of Raavan which we dedicated to all our
non-paying producers! This year I’m in the midst of my
10-year-old son’s exams and will be studying with him,
so there really isn’t time to celebrate in any proper
manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment