Ali gears up to kick butt Romance and comedy apart, the actor is beefing up for his next outing in an action film

Ali gears up to kick butt
Romance and comedy apart, the actor is beefing up for his next outing in an action film

He has done a spate of romantic comedies so far, but actor Ali Zafar is now gearing up to kick some serious butt. He is training hard to get into the action mode. “I have been a big action buff. As a child, Superman and Batman were my favourite heroes and I loved watching Avengers,” confesses Ali who is said to be doing the Hindi remake of Vettai. But Ali refuses to divulge any details saying, “I have an action film in the pipeline is all I can say and it’s exciting to move away from comedy and romance.” Tell him that it is difficult to imagine him beating up goons and he retorts, “I have already done action in my music video Aag and also a commercial with Nargis Fakhri. Now, I am beefing up for my role.”
He may be readying to flex his muscles, but comedy remains his forte. He has recently signed another romcom Aman Ki Asha with Yami Gautam. It is being directed by Neeraj Pandey and will go on the floors next year. “Before that I have Chasmeh Buddoor. I am thrilled with the way it has shaped up,” says Ali who reprises the role played by Farooque Shaikh in the original. “I had seen the original film, still when David (director David Dhawan) narrated his take on it I cracked up,” says Ali who has brought a little naughtiness to his character. “We have changed a lot of things and made it contemporary but have kept the essence intact,” reveals Ali.
The singer-turned-actor is also concentrating on his new album which will be a fusion of traditional and modern music. “I make music for personal satisfaction and love experimenting. It will be an amalgamation of Sufi kalam and alternative music,” says Ali who recently was part of a world record in Lahore where a massive crowd of 70,000 people sang the National Anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment