Ahmedabad Times Fresh Face 2013


It’s time for a glam makeover

    As Clean & ClearTM Ahmedabad Times Fresh Face 2013 heads towards the final lap, it was time for a makeover session for girls and guys. And, it was fun time at Zion Spa and Salon, where hairstylists and make-up artists turned our 18 finalists into headturners with their expertise. Most finalists had lots of querries and despite their initial reservations about experimenting with hairstyles and getting a ‘new look’, they eventually were more than willing to glam it up. The stylists went about straightening, curling, trimming, doing fringes and side bends, adding layers depending on the female participants’ face cut, hair texture and existing hairstyle. Most male finalists opted for spikes, straightening or Mohawks. And after a makeup session, these youngsters struck lens-perfect poses during the photo-op.
    Here’s a dekko at how our fab finalists looked like during and after the styling session:

Stylist Gautam Nai styling Shalu’s hair


SHALU SANKLECHA I HL Institute of Commerce
    Shalu had l o n g , curly hair, which needed more shine and bounce, that would accentuate her features. Stylist Gautam Nai said, “She had U - shaped hairstyle. I have maintained her length and detangled her hair. I have used a serum and smoothing cream and given her a blow - dry ” . After her haircut and makeup, Shalu cheerfully flaunted her wavy tresses and bold lip colour. 

ASHI SAXENA I NIRMA UNIVERSITY
    Ashi Saxena had very short, thin hair with little volume. All she needed was some styling and voluminising. Salman Malik, who styled her hair, said, “I have given her mid-length layers with long flicks to complement her broad face.” After her hairdo and make-up, Ashi confidently posed for the camera and flaunted her red lips and glam eye-shadow beautifully.


ROHAN MAHESHWARI I HL Institute of Commerce
    Rohan was attended to by Gautam and was enthusiastic about getting a new look. Gautam shared, “Rohan’s hair lacked texture and was very silky, so I used techiart web to give his hair a bounce. I added spikes in his crown and did a two-scissored trimming.” Rohan also got a clean shaved look.


SARTHAK MALANI I PDPU
    Sarthak was extremely upbeat before his styling session and was in the mood to experiment. Samir, who attended to him shared, “Sarthak was keen on having a Mohawk look for front area. For his back I gave him a tail and cross spikes which is suiting him. I trimmed his side area a bit so that the Mohawk and spikes look enhanced.”


ISHAN JADWANI I Gujarat Law Society
    Ishan has thinning hair. Sahil did an excellent job by giving Ishan a slight trimming followed by spikes in the front that worked perfect to hide his receding hair and Mohawk at the back portion making him look more stylish and confident. Ishan smiled, “I’m very happy with this look. It is something I tried for the first time and looks too cool.”


ARUSHA DUBEY I NIRMA UNIVERSITY
    To make Arusha glamourous, the stylist gave her deep curls with full front fringes. Sahil, who styled her hair, said, “She has never had out curls, so we tried that today, which gave her hair some bounce. I also gave her layers and short bangs to cover her forehead.”With a bold red lipstick to add to her makeup, the pretty girl flaunted her pearlies for the cameraman.


ANKITA JADAV I SOM LALIT
    Ankita had slightly wavy hair which fell flat on her shoulders. Stylist Sahil Khan said, “She has a tiny face and very wavy hair so I shortened it and gave it some bounce. She has a broad forehead so I gave her short fringes.” With curls and blush pink on her cheeks, the girl was all set to flaunt her hairdo with confidence.


KAILASH SHAHDADPURI I SOM LALIT
    Kailash’s hair needed some serious styling. So, Gulfaraaz trimmed them and made them look stylish, adding front spikes with some styling gel. Kailash said, “My hair was trimmed shorter from sides and back — now they look spunkier and cool. I’m totally in love with my new hair-do. Spikes are looking really cool on me.”


PREET GANDHI I NIRMA UNIVERSITY
    Preet had very straight hair which fell flat on her shoulders. Samir, who styled her hair, said, “I trimmed her hair and gave her very slight side fringes.” With a couple of red and green extensions, Preet’s hair was ready for a runway appearance. 



Khushboo Modi, Zion Spa & Salon


Salman Malik washes Priya’s hair PRIYA DABI I LJ Insttitute of Business Administration
    Priya Dabi’s hair needed maximum attention as she had tangled hair that needed sorting out. Her stylist Salman said, “I gave her inversion layers to add some bounce to her hair. I also gave her short side fringes to add to her looks.” With deep layers and curls towards the end, some moisturising and short fringes, Priya was ready to rock her new hairdo.


Gulfaraaz Ansari works on Faiz FAIZ MANSURI I SM Patel Institute of Commerce
    Faiz wasn’t too keen on changes on his existing hairstyle, so Gulfaraaz gave Faiz a side trimming so that his front spikes looked highlighted. The hair at the back was given a side bending. He also got a clean shave done. Faiz shared, “I didn’t want a hair cut, as I’d got a styling done few days back. I am enjoying this new look.”


Gautam Nai styles Rahul RAHUL MEGHNANI I SM Patel Institute of Commerce
    Rahul was keen on experimenting with a new look. Gautam, who styled Rahul gave him spikes and a messy look in front. Gautam shared, “I gave Rahul’s side hair a square-end look, and his box area was given a bouncy look. The back area (of his head) was given a V-shaped look. I’ve given his eyebrow a bit of raze for a pierced look.”


Stylist Samir Sheikh blow dries Devansh’s hair DEVANSH SHAH I AMITY
    Devansh was adamant about not cutting or trimming his hair. Samir who attended to him decided to give his hair a bouncy look. Samir shared, “Devansh’s face is kind of tiny, so I blow dried his hair and gave him a side bend on forehead style which will make him look different.” Devansh also opted for a clean shave and also enhanced his goatee.


Samir Sheikh styles Shivaranjani’s hair SHIVRANJANI VERMA I NIRMA UNIVERSITY
    Shivaranjani’s long tresses needed some style and oomph. Samir, who styled her hair, said, “I have given her full layers with inversion curve to add some style to her hair in the front. At the back, I gave her layers and out curves to make her look spunkier. I gave her side fringes.”


Make-up artist Vaishakhi Shah with Vedika VEDIKA VYAS I PDPU
    Vedika had long hair which wasn’t styled at all! Stylist Gulfaraaz Ansari, who styled her hair, said, “I have given her a short cut behind and layers from front with light out-curls at the bottom. I have also added hair extensions.” With red, pink and yellow hair extensions and pink lips, Vedika flaunted her new look with super confidence.


Sahil Khan curls Pranav’s hair PRANAV SHEKHAWAT I PDPU
    Pranav’s got curly and unmanageable hair. Sahil retained the curls and made them manageable by using some hair-styling products. Pranav shared, “I have curly hair. Sahil crunched and styled them with hair styling gel. He also trimmed my hair a bit — now my curls are looking more manageable and cool. I had never got such a styling done for my hair. It’s a pleasant change for me and is making me feel more confident.”


Gulfaraaz Ansari styles Baasava BAASAVA HAATHIWALA I Shanti Business School
    Baasava’s face is long and his hair is thick. So, Gulfaraaz covered his forehead with some styling products. He also did some slanted spikes in front portion and a Mohawk in the back portion making Baasava look hep. Baasava said, “It was an awesome makeover session for me. I also got my French beard toned and my new look’s totally funky.”


Salman Malik styles Vraj VRAJ SHAH I HL Institute of Commerce
    Vraj has very fine hair that needed proper styling. Salman, who attended Vraj, shares, “I didn’t trim his hair but gave him all straight spikes in front — to make him look taller.” Vraj said he was “happy” with the new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment