I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE I GET PAID TO HAVE THIS MUCH FUN:TISCA CHOPRA

I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE I GET PAID TO HAVE THIS MUCH FUN:TISCA CHOPRA



    As she heads for the Toronto International Film Festival today for the much-awaited world premiere of her film Qissa, Tisca Chopra talks about co-star Irrfan and how she’s managed to bag versatile roles. 

You must be delighted about Qissa having its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)... I’m trying to be grown up about it, but frankly, it’s a ‘rub-my-hands-inglee’ feeling! It’s so gratifying that a prestigious body like TIFF feels the same. 

What was it like working with Irrfan in Qissa? Irrfan and I have done a lot of work together. It’s remarkably easy working with him. In fact, one look at him and one is ready for a shot. I am looking forward to doing a comedy with him soon. 

You’ve somehow managed to bag versatile roles... Acting is all about honesty and I’ve learnt to fake that perfectly! So, if they can’t find anyone else for a tough casting, I get called. Luckily, there is also a growing tribe of directors who are on the look out for adventurous actors for out-of-the box roles. 

Shabana Azmi says you are ‘an
understated and intense’ actor… I wish you hadn’t told me. Now I’ll have to be all these wonderful things she has said. I’ll be under pressure to perform, thinking she’s watching. But seriously, she has been very encouraging 

What makes you tick as an actor? What greater fun can there be than to play a drama queen one day, a cold-blooded killer another day and a failed artist finding the meaning of life the next! I still can’t believe that I get paid to have this much fun. My work is play. 

What’s up next? First up is 24 with Anil Kapoor, which is making waves with its promos and then a crime thriller later in the year. What I can’t wait to do is a satire or a spoofy comedy — anything that is a comment on the craziness called life!

Tisca Chopra


Tisca in Qissa

No comments:

Post a Comment