Hollywood’s oldies just can’t stay without killing baddies

LOOK MAA, THAT’S GRANDPA!

Schwarzenegger has announced ‘he’ll be back’ in Terminator 5, at 66. Hollywood’s oldies just can’t stay without killing baddies



    When Arnie’s muscled cyborg alter ego first uttered, “I’ll be back!” in the1984 Terminator, none of us in the audience could have guessed just how deadly serious he was!
    At an age where most mortal men start complaining about ghutnon ka dard, 66-year-old Schwarzenegger has signed on to star in Terminator 5. Weirdly, that isn’t the only action project he’s going to be part of – he’ll also be seen in The Expendables 3 and King Conan. And if your reaction to the idea of Arnie battling it out in his 60s was, ‘thoda zyaada nahi ho gaya?’, think again. Because even more weirdly, he isn’t the first 66-year-old actor to have forgone retirement to fight wolves with his bare hands, run around shirtless with explosions in the background and pummel baddies as though all of this is a totally normal thing for sexagenarians to do! So much so, that Hollywood publications like Variety have even coined the term “geri-action” in tribute to these dudes.

AGE
67
SYLVESTER STALLONE >> LAST ACTION RELEASE: The Expendables 1 & 2, Bullet To The Head >> UPCOMING: The Expendables 3
After milking the Rocky cow for all its worth (with Rocky I to VI), Stallone is still not done with action. No siree! He continues to dabble with boxing in films like Grudge Match, besides other fast-paced projects like Bullet To The Head. The high-action Expendables series, which has grossed a combined $574 million at the global box office, also happens to be his brainchild, with Stallone having written, directed and acted in the movies. The next installment is out in 2014.


AGE
66
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER >> LAST ACTION RELEASE: The
Expendables 1 & 2, The Last Stand
    >>
UPCOMING:
Terminator 5, The Expendables 3, King Conan
The most intriguing part of the reports confirming Arnie’s return to the series was a particular source saying, “Given his age, this could be the last time Arnie can say ‘I’ll be back’.” Judging by the heavily loaded ‘could be’ in the statement, it is not easy to rule out the possibility of the star giving it a go at 75, even.


AGE
58
BRUCE WILLIS
>> LAST ACTION RELEASE: Red 2, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Die Hard 5
At 58, the actor was a part of two 2013 action blockbusters. Besides that, Willis has managed to play the smart-mouthed, daredevil John McClane for 25 years straight and says he might hang up his boots soon. When he was asked if he’d ever stop, he’d said two years ago – “In the next few years, they could easily find a replacement for me or call the character someone else. But for me, I want to do one final Die Hard movie – Die Hard 6 – before finally hanging that white vest up for good. At the moment, I can run and I can fight on screen. But there will come a time when I no longer want to do that. That’s when I’ll
step away from the Die Hard films.”

AGE 59 JACKIE CHAN >> LAST ACTION RELEASE: CZ12
>> UPCOMING: Police Story 2013, Skiptrace

He caused a mini-uproar when he said while promoting CZ12 in 2013 that he’d finally retire from action. “This is my last action film. I’m not young anymore.” But his breakup with action was shortlived when he promptly posted, “I was shocked to read I was retiring from action movies. I’m not retiring from doing action films. What I meant is that I need to do less of life-risking stunts. After years of breaking so many bones,I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working.” He didn’t say ‘till when’ he planned to do so.


AGE 71 HARRISON FORD >> LAST ACTION RELEASE: The
Expendables >> UPCOMING: Expendables 3

How old is too old to kick alien butt? Ford would take offence to that question since he was doing it only two years ago alongside much younger Daniel Craig. He too will be
part of Stallone’s Expendables and says he’ll totally be up for another Indiana Jones (the 5th installment in the 30-year-old series) as long as “he doesn’t necessarily have to kick as much ass.”

No comments:

Post a Comment