Kunal makes 17-year-old’s dream come true

Kunal makes 17-year-old’s dream come true



    Actor Kunal Kapoor, The Clean & Clear MTV Dream Project and M.A.D got together to start a digital fundraiser called Ketto, that has, over a period of time, helped fulfill the dreams of over a thousand homeless girls.
Not only did Kunal provide professional services through Ketto, he also personally helped fulfill 17-year-old Manisha’s dream, through a platform that connects people to a 1000 young, underprivileged girls across India, to make their small yet precious dreams come true. In Manisha’s case, it meant a cycle to take her younger siblings to school.

Said Kunal, “Initiatives such as these help individuals like us to fulfill the dreams of these girls.When I got the chance to be that helping hand for Manisha to achieve her simple yet precious dream, I felt so much happiness! More so, I was very moved by what her dream was — she did not want the cycle for herself but for
her siblings. I hope that girls like Manisha never stop dreaming.”
    Originally from a village in Uttar Pradesh, Manisha has been living in Mumbai with her family for the last 12 years. Manisha shared, “My father has been suffering from cancer for quite a while. My mother has to spend most of her time in the hospital, to meet doctors, buy medicines and support my father. I did my best to make our lives better. Being the eldest child, I took the
responsibility of taking care of the house and my younger siblings. The play school they go to is very far, and I walk everyday to pick them up as they cannot come on their own. That is why my dream was to own a cycle, so that I pick them up and come home safe and continue with my other tasks.”
    She added, “This dream meant so much to me, and it really has made my day-to-day life so much better as I save so much time!”

Kunal Kapoor


Manisha

No comments:

Post a Comment