B-Town couples get inked to show their commitment

B-Town couples get inked to show their commitment

    At the height of his love for his Begum Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan decided to show his commitment to her by getting her name tattooed on her forearm, that too in Devanagari script. Everyone around teased him. Some of his friends even warned him that he may be “forced to live with it,’’ but the Nawab was adamant. That’s precisely what he wanted to do, live with the Kareena tattoo and share his life with her.World over, celebrity couples have been getting their partner’s name inked on different body parts to show their love to their partners. Hrithik and Sussanne Roshan, too, have each other’s names engraved on themselves. And Sussanne was apparently so brave when getting her husband’s name inked, she even refused to allow the tattoo artiste to use the numbing gel. “She was exemplary in her patience,’’ the tattoo expert recalls. Celina Jaitly got her husband’s name tattooed on her finger. And Maanayata Dutt wished to surprise her husband Sanjay Dutt in prison by getting his name inked on her finger during one of her visits to the jail. The latest to join the bandwagon is Govinda’s wife Sunita Ahuja. The 43-year-old recently got the actor’s moniker Chi Chi inked on her forearm.
    Says Sunita, “My life starts and ends with him, thus I got ‘My life Chi Chi’ engraved on my arm. I’ve known him for 30 years now, been married for 27. After three decades, I wanted to give him a surprise.” Govinda, she says, is her first love. “We got married very early in life. My daughter Narmmadaa was born when I was just 19.”
“You don’t realise how time passes once you are around your children. Age toh chala hi jaata hai. But I have no regrets. I always wanted a family of my own,” Sunita adds.
    Ask her why she decided to get her first tattoo so late in life and she says, “Tattoo banwane ki koi umar nahi hoti. Bachche hi nahi, middle-aged wale bhi kar sakte hai. I am planning to get my second tattoo when I am 67.’’

Saif Ali Khan with his Kareena tattoo


Maanayata’s ring tattoo with Sanjay’s name


Sunita’s Chi Chi tattoo


Hrithik and Sussanne’s inking of each other’s names

Celina Jaitly

No comments:

Post a Comment