Do I want to win or am I prepared? Either way, my answer is YES! Says Rochelle Maria Rao from Chennai, the PFMI International 2012

Do I want to win or am I prepared? Either way, my answer is YES!

Says Rochelle Maria Rao from Chennai, the PFMI International 2012, before flying to Japan to represent India at the Miss International 2012 pageant



    PFMI International 2012 Rochelle Maria Rao has temporarily shifted base to Okinawa, Japan, where she, along with over a 100 beauties from across the globe, will vie for the prized title of Miss International 2012. In a chat with Bombay Times on the eve of her departure, the confident 23-yearold talks about how her life has changed since she won the title.
Describe your life post the first audition in Bangalore for the title of Miss India 2012. Life has totally changed for me. I’m living on my own terms and I’m totally in love with what I’m doing. I’ve changed and grown so much as a person that, at times, I need to remind myself that I’m still Rochelle Rao from Chennai. I’m thankful to Miss India and the Times Group for helping me in this transformation.
What kind of transformation? I’ve got a burning desire to make a mark for myself in the city of Mumbai. I know it’s not going to be easy, but I’m all geared up for the challenge and I have worked hard for it. I have been groomed by the best in the industry. I’m more confident and I feel good about myself. My body has never looked better. My sense of style, my atti
tude, the way I walk, my diction, my understanding of the fashion, film and glamour industry have transformed me into a confident 23-year-old, who believes that dreams do come true.
What do you like most about Mumbai? I’m totally in love with the city. Everything about Mumbai fascinates me! The opportunities, the high-rise buildings, the luxurious apartments (we live in), the people, the chaos, the cuisine, the malls, the night life, the buzz, I love it all.
Does the desire to conquer Mumbai mean you also have Bollywood dreams? I guess every girl at some point dreams about being a part of Bollywood. But, the timing has to be right. I don’t want to be a random name in Bollywood. I desire to be a big Bollywood star. I have a different look, I’m not the conventional ‘pretty girl-next-door Bollywood type’! So yes, it will be a tad tough for me, but times are changing and I think the industry has room for different looking girls like me — girls who have that edge. So, yes, Bollywood will happen when the time is right.
How confident are you of winning the Miss International 2012 title? My belief in God is what propels me to excel in everything I pursue. I’ve worked really hard in preparing myself for the Miss International 2012 pageant. The sleepless nights, the photoshoots, the gym sessions, the hair and make-up sessions, the diction and ramp walk classes, the endless designer and wardrobe fittings have all made me want to win the Miss International title. Do I want to win or am I prepared to win? Either way, my answer is a big YES!
    With all my confidence, my hard work and all your good wishes, who knows I may just get lucky and get the Miss International crown back home. I want to make my family, my mentors and my country proud.
Any closing thoughts? Miss India has made me a woman of substance and has strengthened my ideologies, and more importantly, my belief in myself. I’m truly focused and determined about what I want and how I should go about achieving the same!
    The Miss India pageant is the ideal platform for making your dreams come true. So, all you young girls out there, remember to believe in yourself. And don’t stop dreaming. For dreams do come true one day.

THE PANELISTS: Miss India Director Operations — Contestant and Creative: Marc Robinson; Ramp walk: Alesia Raut; Hair and make-up: Marvie Ann Beck; Dental care: Dr Sandesh Mayeker; Skin treatment: Dr Jamuna Pai; Fitness: Sameer Purohit; Stylist: Amit Hansraj; Diction: Sabeera Merchant; Shoe designer: Veruschka by Payal Kothari. WARDROBE DESIGN: Indian wear: Ritu Kumar; Evening gown: Raakesh Agarvwal; Saris: Amit Aggarwal; Resort wear: Malini Ramani; Cocktail dresses: Amit GT, Umesh Vashisht; Corporate wear: Gatsby. SPECIAL THANKS: Smile Foundation

Miss India and Ritu Kumar’s association goes back a long way and seen here is PFMI International 2012 Rochelle Maria Rao in an outfit from the designer’s bridal collection

PFMI International 2012 Rochelle Maria Rao

No comments:

Post a Comment